COVID-19 POLICY & PROCEDURES
At Pole Athletica, your safety and well-being has always been our number one priority. In response to the COVID19 pandemic, Pole Athletica has designed and implemented new policies and procedures to ensure a safe and hygienic environment for our PA community and team members every time they visit our studio.
These policies have been crafted with recommendations set out by Fitness Australia and the NSW Government’s “Health and Safety Guidelines” and includes ‘Stage 2’ directives.
Stage 2 allows fitness establishments to provide indoor facilities, provided they maintain:
- Physical distancing
- Four square metres per person when indoors
- Hand hygiene
- Respiratory Hygiene
- Frequent environmental cleaning and disinfection
The following points outline the steps we have taken as a company, the products we’re using, and the procedures in place to keep our beautiful space as safe as possible. Details below offer full transparency to Pole Athletica’s policy so you can make your own educated decision on whether to attend classes.
- Members are required to complete our updated Enrollment & Waiver Forms
- Members entering the premises are to have their temperature taken.
- Members are required to sanitise their hands immediately upon arrival.
- Members are required to wear masks upon entry, whilst waiting for class and during class change-overs.
- Members are required to check-in with the Service NSW QR code upon entry.
- Members are asked to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds prior to the start of their class.
- Our PoleFit programs have been modified to be fun and appropriately challenging for students; our goal is to help students resume pole in a safe manner, grow their skills, and increase strength.
- All members of the PA team have completed a COVID-19 Infection Control Online Training Course. Certificates available on request.
- Members are asked to arrive close to the start time of their class, dressed and ready to go to minimise the number of people on the premises at any given time.
- A “get in, train, get out” strategy has been implemented, meaning students will only be allowed within the studio premises for their class time.
- Members will be escorted down the stairs immediately after their class to exit the building unless they are attending the following class.
- Once both studios have been vacated, participants in the following classes will be able to enter the studios.
- All staff and students are required to maintain a physical distance of at least 1.5m between themselves and any other person whilst indoors.
- Our poles are more than 2 metres apart, providing the required minimum of 1.5 metres for physical distancing.
- Class numbers have been capped to ensure students and instructors have their own pole.
The maximum number of students allowed in each studio is as follows:
The Loft – 10
Grand Pole Room – 8
The Yin - 10
GOOD PERSONAL HYGIENE
Good personal hygiene and cleaning/disinfecting practices are a recommendation to minimize the transmission of the virus. The virus can be transmitted from the environment to people when they touch infected items and then touch their mouth, nose or eyes.
- Once students have been escorted to the studio for their class, each student will be required to wash their hands for at least 20 second using soap and warm water. Paper towels are to be used to dry hands after being washed, and then disposed of immediately in the bins provided.
- Posters with instructions on how to hand wash and hand rub have been displayed at every sink and sanitary station.
- Students and teachers are asked to refrain from touching their face, especially their eyes and mouth.
- All staff and students are encouraged to practice good social hygiene by coughing or sneezing into their elbow.
- If any staff or student coughs or sneezes into their elbow they will need to wash their hands immediately afterwards.
- All disposable tissues, paper towel and cleaning materials are to be placed in a bin immediately after use and not left on surfaces
- It is highly recommended students bring their own yoga mat to class or a large clean towel to cover a studio mat.
- Any mats used (personal or belonging to the studio) will need to be disinfected before and after class with the cleaning solution provided.
- We highly recommended students bring their own hand towel to wipe down their pole.
- The metho bottles and towels used to clean the poles will be distributed around each studio to prevent people congregating in one area.
- Students will need to clean their pole both before and after each class with methylated spirits.
- Sharing of poles is not permitted at any time.
GENERAL CLEANING PROCEDURES
- As part of our operational procedures, each studio will be cleaned and disinfected daily. This will be recorded on a cleaning log.
- Our poles are cleaned regularly with 100% pure methylated spirits.
- Our floors are cleaned daily with disinfectant.
- Bathrooms are cleaned daily with disinfectant.
- All high touch areas such as handrails, door knobs and eftpos terminal are cleaned with Z-71 Microbe Shield (Surface Sanitiser and Proctectant).
- Bins are emptied daily.
Contact tracing is important to assist authorities in reducing the spread of COVID-19. To ensure Pole Athletica can support the authorities during the time we must:
- Maintain a register of all members who attend the studio.
- We encourage our member and staff to download the COVID-SAFE app.
- All attendees are required to check in on arrival with the Service NSW app.
STAY HOME IF UNWELL
- Pole Athletica members and staff are advised NOT to attend the studio if they are sick with any illness. A student or PA team member who presents any symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to politely leave the studio.
- We require all members to complete our updated Online Physical Activity Form.
- If a member considers themselves vulnerable, they should consult with their doctor prior to commencing fitness classes at Pole Athletica The onus is on our members to determine their capacity to safely resume fitness activities and attendance at Pole Athletica.
Pole Athletica reserves the right to modify and update these procedures as more information becomes available from the NSW Government and Fitness Australia.