Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers
Filled with yummy goodness, these stuffed peppers are quick & easy, perfect for busy weekday dinners!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (480g) ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup (78g) onions, diced
- 1 2/3 cup (219g) sweet potato, diced
- ½ cup pasta sauce
- Crushed red chilli peppers to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 big bell peppers (capsicums) cut in half
- Feta cheese (don’t add cheese if you want to make this recipe paleo-friendly) and fresh, chopped parsley.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Make sure to break apart the meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
4. Add onions and cook until onions are golden brown.
5. Add the sweet potato, cover the skillet and cook until they are tender - about 8 minutes. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. Add tomato sauce, ground chili pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potato.
6. Arrange the peppers in a greased baking dish. The cavity side facing up.
8. Fill each bell pepper halve with the ground turkey-sweet potato mix.
9. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cooked and soft.
10. Remove from the oven and garnish with feta and parsley.
Recipe from primaverakitchen.com