Tips & Tricks - Table Pull Ups
Pull ups are a relatively easy exercise that develops your biceps, back, and shoulder muscles. In addition to being a great upper body workout they also improve your grip strength as you are supporting your body weight using just your hands and forearms. This exercise is perfect to add in to your home workout routine and you’ll be able to see the results of your efforts quickly both in class and out!
To start lie on your back with your feet firmly planted on the floor underneath your table
- Grab the table with an underhand grip and breathe in to prepare
- As you exhale activate your abs and using your arms pull yourself up off the ground
- Continue to pull up until your chest touches the table
As you inhale slowly lower yourself back down to the floor
- Squeeze your elbows in close to your body. As you become fatigued your elbows may drift outwards so concentrate on keeping them in.
- The edge of the table should line up to the middle of your chest. Make sure that you don’t pull up towards your throat or down towards your belly button.
- Your shoulder blades should come together at the top of the exercise.
- Lift your hips into line with your knees and shoulders as you pull yourself up
- Use your full range of movement. Lower yourself until your arms are completely extended, and raise yourself until your chest touches the table.
As you gain strength try one of these grip variations to really feel the burn!