Gluten Free Choc Velvet Protein Slice
Recipe featured in Australian Pole Dancers magazine, Issue 7, Winter 2015.
Photo credit: Daniel Bryan.
This protein slice is sugar free and is the perfect post workout snack to help build lean muscle. Put your own spin on the slice by adding your favourite seeds and nuts or dried fruit. Jen added incaberries, which were a perfect compliment to the cacao.
1/4 cup almond meal
3-4 tbs vanilla protein powder
2-3 tbs coconut flour
2 tbs raw cacao
1 tsp beetroot powder (omit if you don't want red velvet)
1-2 tbs rice malt
3 tbs almond milk
1 tbs coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup + 2 tbs dark chocolate (85% is perfect)
1. Mix dry ingredients (almond meal, coconut flour, protein powder, beetroot powder) in a bowl.
2. Add wet ingredients and mix well.
3. Roll out dough (use coconut flour to dust the board and rolling pin) onto tray lined with grease proof paper. Pop in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
4. Remove from freezer and slice into small squares.
5. Melt dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, and either dip the squares into the melted chocolate, or use a small knife to ice the squares.
6. Keep stored in the freezer and thaw before eating. Enjoy!
Leave us a comment below to tell us how you made the slice and what you added!